Monday, June 6, 2011

Korea's Got Talent

I wanted to share with you something that I saw today. Tears ran & hope grew.  Please watch it all the way. You will be glad you did...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BewknNW2b8Y

If you are anything like me, you had to fight tears off. I love things like this. No matter where you are in the world -Korea, the US, and everywhere in between - people's hearts respond to stories like this. It speaks to the story of God's heart for us. He makes beauty from ashes. This is a boy abandoned at 3. Abused so badly he ran away from the orphanage at 5. Living on his own in harsh circumstances...feeling alone and forgotten. Not worth much  at all. And yet God wove something brilliant in his life. Music. Uplifting, hopeful and transforming. Beauty coming from someone the world refused to claim. God brought him up and made beauty from ashes.

Dispite our circumstances and experiences, He has beauty for each of us. Unseen sometimes to others, but known to God. I know this isn't a Christian story per say...but it is a story of humanity. And God writes that story. Our lives & contributions are not dictated by what is going on around us, but rather what is going on within us.

2 comments:

  1. I was literally weeping. Everything you said, I agree -- beauty can be found in every life because God created every life. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (MamaJeannie)
    So beautifully said Elizabeth. I had gotten the clip from your mama and I too cried while I watched this beautiful voice come out of a young life the world had forgotten. Your description of God's love moves me to the deepest part.

    ReplyDelete