Sunday, June 10, 2012

Youth Camp & A To-Do List

Pool time with the kids at camp
 My husband is a speaker  at youth camp & we brought the whole family along. It's been fun - lots of swimming, eating beige food, and feeling very old. I swear I was just 13 myself and trying to decide exactly how high my tube socks should be to qualify as 'cool'. These kids have been blessed to be the ankle sock generation & know nothing of the agony of getting tube socks scrunched correctly. 

However, it is incredible to see God raising up a fresh generation of passionate people. I'm sure I'll be posting on that in a few days.

Until then...I saw this hilarious list making the rounds on Facebook & thought I would share it here. No clue who the author is, but I think you will enjoy:

To Do List
  1. Make vanilla pudding. Put in mayo jar. Eat in public.
  2. Hire two private investigators. Get them to follow each other.
  3. Wear shirt that says "Life." Hand out lemons on street corner.
  4. Get into a crowded elevator and say " I bet you are all wondering why I gathered you here today."
  5. Major in philosophy. Ask people WHY they would like fries with that.
  6. Run into a store, ask what year it is. When someone answers, yell "It worked!" and run out cheering.
  7. Become a doctor. Change last name to Acula.
  8. Change name to Simon. Speak in third person.
  9. Buy a parrot. Teach the parrot to say "Help! I've been turned into a parrot."
  10. Follow joggers around in your car blasting "Eye of the Tiger" for encouragement.
Personally #4 is my favorite. What else should we add to this list???









7 comments:

  1. My brother tried to post these add ons, but blogger wouldn't let him. So, here they are:

    1. In the memo field of all your checks, write "For smuggling diamonds." ( he has done this)
    2. Sing along at the opera
    3. At lunch, sit in your car with your sunglasses on & point a hairdryer at passing cars

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! I want to try a few of them myself! Now I'm singing "Eye of the Tiger" in my head...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laugh at the list so often.. I love Ethan's #3 about sitting and pointing a hairdryer at cars. What? Nuts...

    Life is good, just as it is. We don 't need to get drunk to pass our troubles away, or go into debt to pay for spa treatments. Just live a little. More every day----
    Today, I'll sing in my house bc it echoes SO MUCH without furniture.( we move on Friday and our home is made of tile and stone, no carpet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could hide in a closet & listen to your singing! Excited to have you guys here.

      Delete
  4. Go sit next to a stranger. After a few minutes ask, "Do the voices in my head bother you?"

    Lolly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I remember the scrunching of socks...I am 38 and born in 74 so eighties child all the way! Your list from Facebook just inspired me to write about the time some friends and I created a fake club...fake b/c it didn't have a charter and wasn't recognized as official by our college. Anyhoo, we used to do crazy things like what is mentioned on the list.

    Add to the list: Pretend that some carpet at your favorite destination is a swimming pool. Then, act like you got a leg cramp and could drown. Reach out your hand and ask for help! WE REALLY did this and even fake dived and did cannon balls too! LOL...great memories.

    ReplyDelete