Friday, October 7, 2011

Rouse The Town



Hundreds of thoughts, ideas, and emotions are framed within a week for me. But this week is different. I heard a song this week that made me stop and listen over and over. The truth of it resonated in me and I found myself longing for its lyrics to be true. To happen.

Leeland has a new song called "The Great Awakening". They found an anonymous poem and simply put it to music. The poem is as follows:

One man wakes, awakens another
Second one wakes his next door brother
Three awake can rouse a town
And turn the whole place upside down

Many awake will cause such a fuss
It finally awakes all of us
One man wakes with dawn in his eyes
Surely then it multiplies...

It starts with one. One life awake, hopeful and shared. It spreads - one at a time. From a teacher to a student, a student to a parent, a parent to a grocery store clerk, the clerk to her neighbor...it multiplies. Life multiplies. Always.

Beautifully simple, yet extrememly difficult. To live life in such a contagious way that transformation is brought to an entire nation. Simply live with the fire of the Gospel in my eyes each day...I want it. Do you?

 Have a listen and see what you think.
 Leeland performing "The Great Awakening"

No comments:

Post a Comment