Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Things I will Ignore

I will ignore the fact that I awkwardly tilt my head in photos.

I make a lot of list for my life. Things to do, people to call, shopping lists... Well, I am going to make a list of things to ignore. Here is my 'To Ignore' list:

  • Ignore the pile of paper. I could sort through it, but then I would have a 'recycle paper' pile, a 'file it' pile, a 'respond' pile...If I ignore the pile then there is only one pile. If I sort it then I end up with three separate piles, which  I will end up ignoring...
  • Ignore the plants. If you know me well, you know that I will forget to water them. Or I will water them to much or too little. So, I will just ignore them and let nature take its course. 
  • Ignore  glass surfaces. This drives my husband nuts. I will drive with a filthy windshield and not notice, have smudges larger than my eyeballs on my glasses & not see them. I just don't notice, so I will stop trying. 
  • Ignore the other pile of...uh, what is that? I have no idea what that is... Just push it into the corner...
  • Ignore dry cleaning labels. I am sure that I am ruining my clothes, but I can't afford dry cleaning. So, I take my chances.
  • Ignore the plants some more.
  • Ignore updates for my iPhone. This also drives my husband nuts. I will go months without updating or backing up my phone. Once I had to take my phone in because it wasn't working well. "Oh hi mac-store-man! What? When was the last time I updated my phone? Ugh...about 9 months ago..." This confession was followed by feelings of embarrassment and guilt, which I immediately ignored.
Alright, that is my 'To Ignore' list. Feel free to share with me yours!











3 comments:

  1. I probably ignore the fact that I ignore things that shouldn't be ignored. Did I say that right???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to you on the plans & the piles - glad I'm not alone in that! You are so inspiring to me because you are normal yet so completely UNordinary in the voice God has given you to bring His Kingdom. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the Soli Deo Gloria link party... and gotta say I feel like we're kindred souls. I will share with you in this "ignore list"! Love your heart and your perspective... will definitely check your blog often :)

    http://deniselieb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete